Check if the newer version than the version you are currently using is checked via the Internet, and if more recent version is released, ask if you want to download or install the latest version.
- IMC is frequently upgraded.
- You can check whether the currently used version is the latest or not, automatically or manually.
- It is possible to easily download the latest version and install it.
Mechanism of checking IMC latest version
- When the latest version of IMC is released, that version will be uploaded on InSilico Biology's server and the user will be able to download it.
- IMC users can check the latest version check function from the IMC menu and check if the currently used Version is the latest version.
- By changing the setting, it is also possible to automatically check the presence or absence of the latest version when IMC starts up.
- It is available with internet connection.
- Connect to the Internet.
- For Internet connection via Proxy Server, make the following settings.
- Set it to "Proxy Server Name" and "Port" in Menu -> Option Setting -> Option Setting -> Proxy Server.
331: Manually confirm existence of IMC latest version
While the IMC is running, you can check at a given point in time if a newer version than released version is released. However, it is necessary to be able to connect to the Internet from the computer in use.
- Click the "New" button.
- A confirmation message will be displayed.
- Respond "Yes" to "Confirmation" message.
- If the currently used Version is the latest version, the following message will be displayed.
- When you click "OK", the message disappears.
- If the currently used version is not the latest version, the following message will be displayed.
- Click "Yes (Y)".
- A confirmation message as to whether to start downloading the latest version is displayed.
- If you have a file you are working on, save the file and then "Confirm the latest version of IMC".
- Click "Yes (Y)".
- IMC will automatically close and the latest version will be downloaded.
- Follow the installation procedure.
- IMC installation procedure Windows version>
- IMC installation procedure Mac version>
332: Confirm existence of IMC latest version at startup
Every time IMC is activated, it automatically checks for the presence or absence of the latest version, and after downloading the latest version, download and install it.
Note that this function can be used in an environment where you can connect directly to the Internet. In case of via Proxy Server, it is necessary to set it separately.
- In advance, set the automatic confirmation.
- Menu -> Option Setting -> Option Setting -> Setup tab -> Update Check IMC.
- Click the "Option" button "Setup" tab.
- "Option" setting dialog is displayed.
- Check the checkbox in the "Update IMC" field and click the "Apply" button.
- Check the presence or absence of the latest IMC version at startup and enable the setting to download.
- This setting is effective from the next IMC startup.
- If you are not connected to the Internet, a warning message will be displayed at startup.